Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Courtney's Best & WORST of 2011


So I put out like a bunch of caps last week cause I'm getting rather busy in life right now and knew like I wouldn't be able to do much in the next few weeks. I have some REALLY good cap ideas and will try to get some new stuff out by Christmas, but posts will be minimal. That being said, I thought it would be fun to do a Best/Worst of List capturing the TG moments of 2011.

Best Caption by Courtney

Altared Life

It's really hard to pick a best caption, but I really loved this one. Not only was I really involved with the story, but the model is absolutely gorgeous. I first found this when looking for bridal photos and hit a gold mine when I found out she was also a model!

Bonus points: She had an identical twin, but I couldn't fit it into the story. Maybe for a future cap series!





Worst Caption by Courtney


I made this caption as a joke for a friend when I talked about the theory of "anti-caps".

Best TG Caption Site
 

Rachel's Haven. This site is really amazing, although if you are reading this blog, you probably know that already! I can't really think of any bad things to say about this site other than I wish the story library on it was a bigger.

Worst TG Caption Site

Yahoo Groups. Before the days of blogs, we had groups on Yahoo and Lycos. I still follow some groups on Yahoo that are good and updated regularly, but it's only 2 or 3. The other dozens I used to follow are now frequently filled with spam and never updated. Most were apparently made by "fly by night" TG artists.

Best TG Fiction Site



Fictionmania
I have a love/hate relationship with this site. There's no doubt that it's the mecca of TG fiction, but a lot of stories on there are hit or miss depending on your preferences. The search functionality is great, but still needs to get a 21st century update (Why can't I search for keywords AND age range?)

For awhile, I refused to go to this site because every story involved some guy getting feminized and then being a "slave" to his/her "mistress" but there were some really good stories put on there this year. My favorites included:

The Cheerleader Transformation Machine by Caitlin Arabesque

The Replacement by Eleanor McClay

Conspiracy Theory by Charlotte Johnson

Worst TG Fiction Site

Crystal's Storysite was one of the first TG story pages I remember visiting. For years, it was one of my favorites because it contained a great mix of TG fiction. Holding a good medium between BigCloset, which I think is a little too emotional and sappy and Fictionmania which has more XXX rated stories.

However, due to server issues, 90's style design, and no updates for almost 2 years. This ranks as the worst. I would have left this off the list if it wasn't for the fact that the Cyberboard is still active, mostly with people complaining that the site isn't updated and looking for lost stories. There were dozens of excellent stories that now seem to be gone forever since the server went down! I really hope there's a comeback. If it does, it will probably rank Best TG Story Site of 2012. There are some very talented writers who posted there and no where else!

Best TG Caption Blog

This one is too hard to narrow down and I know this is very subjective so I almost didn't put this category in here, but there is credit due. There are some really amazing artists who have blogs and EVERY one of them is great for putting something out there for the whole community to enjoy.

I narrowed it down to the 3 I visit most often because their work never disappoints me. These blogs always feature caps that hit all of my preferences, use great pictures, and make me reach for my vibrator.


Family Tradition: For those of you who loves caps involving family members, this is the BEST place on the web. Annabelle is a great artist and storyteller.


Girly Panties: Not always G-rated, but the stories and designs are very original!



Steffimariechen's Forced Femme/TGcaps: Back just in time to make this list! She has always been one of my favorite TG cap artists ever and I'm glad to see she's back in action!


Worst TG Caption Blog

Any TG blog that only has 3 caps on it and has never been updated since.

Best Resource for Finding TG sites
 

TIE: Rebecca's World & World of TG. I like the layout of Rebecca's links since it gives status and shows how frequently the blog is updated. Love WorldofTG because it gives a list of everything!










Worst Resource for Finding TG sites

The link section on Storysite's page.

Best Paid Purchase

Very rarely do I pay money for TG fiction, but there are occasions where I find it will be worth it.



Ready to Rock by CBlack. Can't remember if I bought this late last year or this year, but it's still for sale and close enough! Comic style transformation adventure!


Best TG Fiction Video


Worst TG Fiction Video


Best TG Fiction Story
The Prom Statement by Nina Adams. Again, this is another subjective one. I like a lot of TG Fiction, but this one stands out because of how realistic it is!

Worst TG Fiction Story
The story that you find that's amazing and it's taking down the next time you go to read it.

I won't name the story or author, but this happened to me once this year. Which is no big deal except for it was one of the most awesomest stories EVER and it was incomplete! Ugh.

Best Site for Finding Pics to Cap

I will finally reveal one of my "secret sites" I use to caption images. SmugMug is one of the best sites for searching for HQ images. Used by a lot of photographers, so it's the real deal.


Worst Site for Finding Pics to Cap

Sure it's convenient, but SO many people use Google Images that I started seeing the same pictures over and over again. There have been a few occasions where I typed in something like "Cheerleader try-outs" and saw a TG blog pop up within the first 50 results! That's crazy.

Well there you have it. Thanks for reading this much and I would love to hear opinions about this. Please comment! I have a few resolutions for New Years.

1. I want to do some video captions. They are hard work, but I think one every few months may be doable.

2. I need to reformat this blog a bit. I really want a banner but don't have any ideas!

3. Have fun!

7 comments:

  1. Courtney,

    I am very gratified to even be mentioned. I agree wholeheartedly with the vast majority of your picks :)

    I'll have to give SmugMug a look, as well as Girly Panties.

    I'm loving the work that you're doing! Once I get back up to speed, yours in one of the blogs that I really want to sort through to make sure I don't miss any hidden gems :)

    THANK You, nad I wush you Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ignore all typos, I'm still half asleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. James J. Craft and Joe Six-Pack are two entirely separate people. They may both be non-de-plumes, or they may not. But they are not the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the error Joe. Corrected!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney, thank you for the kudos. :) Appreciate the support and it's nice to have someone as passionate about this quirky (kinky?) art we produce. Keep it up girl!

    PS: I'm going to have to check out your image viwer. I am a heavy user of Google :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to get a one month subscription once a year at TGstories .. but once Joe Six Pack left, I figured I would just go to HIS site instead.

    Of course Rachel's Haven is one of the best TG sites out there. After all, *I* am an admin there!

    Fictionmania has been hit/miss for me as well, though I mostly go there looking for stories by Belladonna (aka SarineDavis on Rachel's Haven) and Storysite is useless now unless you are carving an old Jennifer White story.

    I tend not to use Google for picture searches, since most of them have watermarks all over them.

    And of course, the "best TG blog site run by a gothy captioner trying to show people how captions are created" would be .. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this post!, very useful.
    And it remembered me to design a logo of worldoftg for sites with white background. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk crap here!

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search