Sunday, May 26, 2013

Christian Caps Again/Courtney's Capping Pet Peeve

I FORCED Christian to create another cap because of something HE did. The other day, I posted the Advice Cap Series which featured pics sent in by him as a request. What I didn't know is that he also asked Hammster to cap the same pics. Hammster made a great story from it (as usual) and complimented me on my story, but this leads me to a serious capping pet peeve of mine:

I HATE seeing the same picture(s) capped twice. This is mostly because I like for images to remain with the story it was created for. You rarely see me cap celebrities or adult film stars because of this, not to mention the fact that there are millions of photos posted online each day! Just my rant...thoughts?

Anyways, Christian is still learning about graphic design, so some of this is hard to read but hopefully you can still enjoy them! In other news, I've gotten a lot of fan mail from boys in high school in the last few days so there may be additional young contributors joining soon!







4 comments:

  1. That's good! It would be nice to see one more cap about how Christian starts to enjoy something about the trick played on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you liked it? Ill see if i can make one more!

      CC

      Delete
  2. Re your pet peeve. I actually had a challenge at the Haven where cappers did 'revenge' caps involving me. The challenge was that I would use the very same photo to cap them back TWICE with two unique new 'revenge' caps. The response was quite high and the reaction very positive. Like statistics photos can be used to tell many stories. It's not necessary given the number of photos out there but sometimes a photo really does have more than one story to tell. The caps I made are posted on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think of it as art- everyone has their own interpretation of the same image. What you make can be entirely different than what someone else makes yet still be true to the original source image.

      A stern "Don't do it again" is in order but at least it wasn't so bad- both series came out well.

      Delete

Talk crap here!

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search