Thursday, July 4, 2013

MOVING: courtneyscleancaps.com NO MORE BLOGGER!

First off, I want to wish a Happy Birthday to the GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD: America! I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend. I'll be busy eating crabs, drinking Summer Shandy, playing band shows, organizing weddings and going paddleboarding!

As MANY of you noticed, the blog has been down for a few days. I purposely took it down for a few reasons:

1. Over the last few months, I have been increasingly disappointed by the lack of features on blogger compared to other formats. It feels like I'm still working in 2008 (and I wasn't capping or blogging in 2008!)

2. Blogger recently changed its policies on "adult" sites. Although I do not consider this to be an adult site at all, I have heard of other TG Blogs being taken down at the drop of a hat. I've also heard that this applies to blogs with just text stories!

It's been on my mind for a few months, but now is the best time to move this blog. Over the last few days, we have literally been working around the clock (and around the world) to bring you a new site. We were able to import ALL posts/comments/caps to the new site. The only thing that didn't roll over are the "reactions" like Amazing, Funny, Cute, Messed UP, and Sucks, but these WILL be available on the new page. After spending a few hundred dollars on design and hosting, it is ready for the masses!

We set out to give you all the best possible GT Cap site possible. I wanted to go with a design that strongly focused on the artwork.

A few things about the new site:

a) We will still keep a "blog at heart" feel. The homepage will have all the latest blog posts and we will keep updating as usual. There are no new caps this week since we were busy with redesign but we have a new theme week coming Monday!

b) The "Galleries" have all the cap themes/contributions that were at the top page of blogger. These will be updated daily.

c) The "Fiction" page handles my very popular "Top 13" stories and will soon have some text stories available.

d) For some reason on the iPhone, you have to scroll down once you select menu items as they are not horizontal if you were viewing this in a web browser. The site looks amazing on the iPad. I wasn't able to test this on other devices sine I'm an Apple girl.

e) Most of our biggest contributors are moving over to the new site.

f) I would love to hear what you think of the new sites and/or if you encounter any issues. There's a contact form on the bottom left menu.

g) The side bar is collapsable if you want to put all of your attention on the images!

I want to especially thank Claire and Alexis for helping with the design and organizing.

I will be redirecting this page to the new site starting next week. Again ALL of the content from this blog is on the new site so you won't be losing anything!

New site link: http://courtneyscleancaps.com UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS!

Love, 

Courtney Captisa
C B Rigby said...

Hi
I've updated my bookmarks and changed the link over on my blog to your site.
I have a DNS issue almost certainly my Isps as when I disabled its help setting in Chrome it came up but in Firefox not showing up although given time it most probably will. I didn't receive the warning email but have established a 'shadow site'in case of an ahem issues with blogger
Regards

Unknown said...

the site cannot be found why is this?

Courtney Captisa said...

fixed

Unknown said...

ty darlin :)

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search