Friday, June 23, 2017

Real News: Boys Wear Skirts to "Protest"

C B Rigby said...

It was a good natured protest that won them what they wanted but also showed just how many boys were prepared to actually came to school in skirts with the support of peers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney, send me one of those cute skirts!
Make sure it is large enough!
E in Houston

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of middle school in the 1980s. The school I attended had the DUMBEST dress code. Girls' skirts were limited to 2 inches or so above the knee. But boys' shorts had to go BELOW the knee. I didn't own any shorts that long, no previous school I'd attended was that idiotic.
I never thought to wear a skirt. I just showed up wearing shorts the same length as the skirts girls were allowed, then dared the principal to call my parents......who agreed with me.
Since mom and dad wouldn't come take me home or bring me a change of clothes, the punishment was to wear my gym shorts.....which were SHORTER than what I wore in the first place.
Once I pointed out the complete stupidity of this, the principal gave up telling me what to wear. Once Vice principal never got the message and kept trying to enforce the stupid rule.

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search