Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Rachel Meets Courtney (Tribute Cap)





I was devastated to read the news of Rachel of rachelshaven.com passing away after a long battle with ovarian cancer. She was just a few years older than me and one of the very few other genetic females in the community. 

For those of you young-un's who don't remember the days before Instagram, Tumblr, Deviant Art, and even Blogger... TG Caps were mainly viewed on Yahoo Groups, Lycos, and a few random blogs here and there. I remember visiting some of her Yahoo Groups back in the mid-2000s. When some of these groups became bloated, she founded Rachel's Haven in the late-2000s which held a large collection of caps and a chance for cap creators to do requests. There was even Rachel's Toolbox to help people learn how to create caps. I got my start on that site sometime around 2010 and launched my blog a year later.


Made this cap as a tribute and purposely made it to look like a 2000s cap. Love you.

Zoe said...

I'm glad you did a tribute to Rachel as she was a pioneer and a great one at TG. She will be missed.
Love this caption you did for her. I can only imagine if this had really been true with the two of you. I would have loved to have attended the same college and let you bring me to your sorority.
Great job sister!
RIP Rachel!
Zoe

Dee Mentia said...

Rachel was definitely something special. Getting to know her fairly well was one of the benefits of being an admin there, but she would take the time to chat with most of the members if they weren't too intimidated to strike up a conversation.

And nobody fucked with her "girls" if she could help it!!

I think one of the most fun things I did there was make her "FtM" captions. She sooooo got a kick out of them!

RIP Rachel!

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search