Friday, November 18, 2022

Captisa County Pageant: All the Way

 


Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney,

I LOVE YOUR WORK!

I have wanted to be a pageant girl all my life! While the older males in my family gawked and hooted as they watched the annual Miss America and Miss World on television, I would quietly sit near my mom and make a million wishes. (my second favorite part of the show would be the Platex bra or girdle commercial which they always showed. The men would look around the room while i would sit there pretending not to watch!)

Though I may have looked like the males in the family, inside of me there was a young female yelling to get out!

The Gowns, The Hair, The Make Up, The Swim Suits while wearing heels! I loved the talent portion! In my mind I would be playing a piano, singing A Few of My Favorite Things...from the Sound of Music, "Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes"! ! would spend the whole show thinking how would I answer the final question about, world peace, world hunger,better education for the poor.

I know my answer would put me over the top of the rest of the girls and soon after they announced paula has won, I would be screaming with excitement like a little girl, wearing the tiara on my head, the sash around my gown and holding my victory bouquet of roses, walking the runway waving to people with tears running down my face!

If you could just send me the address of the Captisa County Pageant and with a little of your "magic" I would definitionally go All The Way! I just know the world would be at peace, better fed, poor children better educated and of course it would be better off with me as a beautiful woman, married to my loving husband and enjoying being a mom to my children!

paula

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search